Enroll your child to become a MITI Kid
Thank you for expressing an interest in enrolling your child (ren) in MITI Kids Child Care and Learning Center.
Mississippi Child Care Regulations are the rules and regulations that each childcare facility must follow in order to maintain child care licensure. Therefore, it is imperative that you satisfy regulatory standards as mandated by the state and MITI Kids’ initial enrollment process.
- Complete enrollment application in non erasable ink
- Submit copy of birth certificate and social security card (Certificate Program)
- Children are to be age-appropriately immunized and must have a Certificate of Immunization Compliance (Form 121) or a Certificate of Medical Exemption (Form 122) on file. The Form 121 must be signed by the District Health Officer, a physician, nurse or designee. The medical exemption, Form 122, MUST be signed by the District Health Officer.
- The immunizations that are currently required at the age-appropriate times for child care are:
- DTaP (diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis), polio, MMR (measles, mumps, rubella), and HIB (H. Influenzae type b).
- Hepatitis B vaccine is a recommended vaccine, and is usually started at birth to 2 months of age.
- Hepatitis B is not required for child care attendance but is required for entry into 5 year old kindergarten.
- As of August 01, 2002, one (1) dose of Varicella (chicken pox) vaccine is required on or after the 1st birthday and is required for entry into five (5) year old kindergarten. Varicella is not required if a history of the disease is documented.
- Children enrolled in a licensed child care facility or Head Start Center are expected to be age appropriately immunized.
After the above obligations are met, you will be asked to participate in an interview with MITI Kids’ director. Please call me of you have any questions or concerns.
I look forward to meeting you soon!